Diamond's product range includes:
- Rotary joints – single/dual channel coaxial and waveguide models
- Waveguide – waveguide one channel models
- Roll rings – flexures/couplers/roll blocks and flex wheels
Integrated rotating subsystems
As radar and other antenna systems become more complex and data transfer requirements increase, Diamond Antenna can offer customers several components in one rotational package to create a complete integrated rotating subsystem. Requests for various rotational devices packaged together can include any or all of the following:
- RF rotary joint
- Slip ring/ Roll-Ring®
- APG (encoder) package
- Fibre optic rotary joints
- Fluid and media rotary unions
Diamond can supply a wide range of RF rotary joints and rotating subsystems designed for the demanding environments of military radar and SATCOM applications. They have over 60 years of experience with ground-based, airborne and shipboard military communications and radar applications, providing high-reliability military-spec designs to support demanding environments.
Diamond Antenna offer a diverse selection of RF rotary joints designed for commercial applications and can support high volume productions. Their solutions include compact/low profile designs and integrated slip rings for AC/DC power and signal transfer.
Air Traffic Control
Standard and custom rotary joint designs are available for Primary Surveillance Radar (L and S-band PSR) and Secondary Surveillance Radar (SSR)
- PSR (en-route and terminal) designs available in multi-channel integrated rotary joint subsystems with high-power RF channels, coaxial/SSR RF channels, integrated Slip Ring/Roll-Ring® and azimuth position with encoder/resolver/inductosyn
- SSR (Mode-3), 3-channel L-band coaxial designs with RF only and designs integrating encoders, Slip Ring/Roll-Ring® and fibre optic channels
- Designs are also available for terminal doppler weather radar and airport surface detection equipment
Diamond Antenna has designed, manufactured and delivered high-performance space-qualified rotary joints to multiple worldwide programmes. They boast the industry’s largest selection of space flight rotary joints. Space rotary joint designs are qualified to NASA standards, ESA standards and other International Space Agency Standards. Diamnond's in-house thermal vacuum chamber supports critical testing requirements for space customers, with additional testing including thermal cycling, shock and vibration also available.