State of the Art, Inc. was founded in 1969 as a consulting business specialising in thick-film technology seminars as well as other consulting services. In 1980, they developed the now industry-standard nickel barrier to virtually eliminate solder leaching and inter-metallic formation. In 1987, SOTA became the first MIL-PRF-55342 QPL qualified S-level manufacturer, and today they continue to build a product line that has the lowest failure rate in the world.
State of the Art has been supplying the aerospace, biomedical, defence, and communications industries with high reliability, mission-critical chip resistors for over 40 years. All of their products are designed and manufactured with performance and reliability as the guiding principles.
Their product line includes:
- Military chip resistors and networks
- Surface mount chip resistors
- Thin film on silicon resistors for hybrid applications
- High frequency products, including attenuators, terminations, and chip resistors
- Surface mount resistor networks and custom thick and thin film networks
- High power resistors on beryllia or aluminum nitride
- Special application resistors including high voltage, high value, power moisture, and current sensing